Good summary from Social Media Examiner of the tools to use for clearing the cache of your social posts. Here’s a typical scenario:
- you write a blog post
- you go to share it on social eg Facebook and notice there’s a typo in the description
- you fix it on your blog post
- but when you share on Facebook (even hours later) it still has the typo
This is because each of the social platforms keep a cache of the first time it is shared.
To fix this you just need to clear out the cache:
- on Facebook, use the Facebook debugger
- on Twitter, use the Twitter Card validator
- on LinkedIn, use the LinkedIn Post Inspector
The SME article has the full details.