Kinda strange how some companies start promoting a new product, get you excited and then after you signup they tell you you’re on the waitlist.
Worse, they then hit you with an email followup sequence that typically:
- congratulates you for being on the waitlist
- promises to advance you on the waitlist if you tweet about them
- tells you about the founders and what their hopes are for the product
- gives you ‘background’ on the product development
- promises they’ll be in touch soon
- tells you to stay tuned for more exciting updates
- they promised you one thing
- but didn’t deliver that
- instead annoyed you withÂ useless emails
- and even worse, asked youÂ to do them a favour and tweet about them.
They provided no value. And yet asked for something.
Someone, somewhere thought this was a good idea for ‘building a list’ – so they could have a ready made audience to promote their product to once it was ready.
Perhaps this old school approach still works – I’m not sure.
But if so, it won’t for long.
People hate this crap.