I’ve written an article outlining How to use SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) to import Visual FoxPro data into SQL Server.
The article is reasonably basic and covers:
- Using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio to create the package and manage errors
- Using SQL Server Management Studio to create the Integration Service
- Using SQL Agent job to schedule it
- Gotchas (including UNC mapping, and the VFP OLE DB driver)
- Brief overview of a real world implementation using SSIS
- Brief discussion of SSIS versus VFP Upsizing Wizard
The article is 49 pages long, but don’t be alarmed, most of it is screen shots. It is available in Word or PDF format. I’ve included the Word format in case you want to edit the article, add your own comments, copy stuff out etc.
Download PDF: [drain file 1 url] ([drain file 1 size])
Download Word: [drain file 2 url] ([drain file 2 size])