Most of the big costs have been cut out of businesses by now:
- Job cuts
- Budget cuts
- Perk cuts (no more free lunches, massages, group activities)
Now we’re into the home stretch of little cuts (paper cuts if you will).
Next time you visit a company’s office look for:
- Broken chairs
- Frayed cords and power adaptors
- Fruit (and good quality food) replaced with junk food and sugar (cheap)
- Broken monitors
- Meeting room computers not updated
- Slightly messy kitchen (the cleaning staff roster has likely been halved)
This is how you know, as a supplier, that you’d better provide something truly valuable if you want your invoices to be paid.
(Feel free to comment on this on Threads here)