This is my list of recommended SEO tools and recourses. See also my other recommended Resources for WordPress and Internet Marketing.
SEO Blogs & Resources
- SEO Book – My favourite SEO blog and resource, by Aaron Wall. I’m a member of Aaron’s SEO Book training program. At $300 a month to be a member it may seem expensive, but I consider it excellent value. It’s where I’ve learnt the majority of my SEO and internet marketing skills. Includes a private forum with 100% noise free, cutting edge content. Even if you don’t join his program, make sure you read his blog and use his excellent range of free tools.
- SEOmoz – My second favourite resource, written by Rand Fishkin and the gang. I don’t always agree with some of the blog posts, but they are certainly stimulating and I’ve learnt a lot. I’m a member of the SEOmoz Pro membership. This article on ranking factors is a must read.
- Search Engine Land – A daily must-read. Suffers from a tiny bit of noise (or less than awesome blog posts) but for the most part is highly informative. Founded and largely driven by the SEO industry’s grand-master Danny Sullivan.
- Occam’s Razor – the definitive blog on analytics (particularly Google Analytics) written by Avinash Kaushik
- Google Analytics
- Clicky – analytics package (ideal for sites you don’t want to use Google analytics with)
- Mint – Super simple self-hosted analytics package (requires PHP and MySQL)