This is my list of recommended SEO tools and recourses. See also my other recommended Resources for WordPress and Internet Marketing.
SEO Blogs & Resources
- SEO Book â€“ My favourite SEO blog and resource, by Aaron Wall. Iâ€™m a member of Aaronâ€™s SEO Book training program. At $300 a month to be a member it may seem expensive, but I consider it excellent value. Itâ€™s where Iâ€™ve learnt the majority of my SEO and internet marketing skills. Includes a private forum with 100% noise free, cutting edge content. Even if you donâ€™t join his program, make sure you read his blog and use his excellent range of free tools.
- SEOmoz â€“ My second favourite resource, written by Rand Fishkin and the gang. I donâ€™t always agree with some of the blog posts, but they are certainly stimulating and Iâ€™ve learnt a lot. Iâ€™m a member of the SEOmoz Pro membership. This article on ranking factors is a must read.
- Search Engine Land â€“ A daily must-read. Suffers from a tiny bit of noise (or less than awesome blog posts) but for the most part is highly informative. Founded and largely driven by the SEO industryâ€™s grand-master Danny Sullivan.
- Occamâ€™s Razor â€“ the definitive blog on analytics (particularly Google Analytics) written by Avinash Kaushik
- Google Analytics
- Clicky â€“ analytics package (ideal for sites you donâ€™t want to use Google analytics with)
- Mint â€“ Super simple self-hosted analytics package (requires PHP and MySQL)
- Web Analytics 2.0 by Avinash Kaushik â€“ every page is pure gold (see also Avinashâ€™s excellent blog).
- The Art of SEO by Eric Enge, Stephen Spencer, Rank Fishkin and Jessie Stricchiola â€“ the best in-depth book on SEO Iâ€™ve read.