This is my list of recommended SEO tools and recourses. See also my other recommended Resources for WordPress and Internet Marketing.
SEO Blogs & Resources
- SEO Book â€“ My favourite SEO blog and resource, by Aaron Wall. Iâ€™m a member of Aaronâ€™s SEO Book training program. At $300 a month to be a member it may seem expensive, but I consider it excellent value. Itâ€™s where Iâ€™ve learnt the majority of my SEO and internet marketing skills. Includes a private forum with 100% noise free, cutting edge content. Even if you donâ€™t join his program, make sure you read his blog and use his excellent range of free tools.
- SEOmoz â€“ My second favourite resource, written by Rand Fishkin and the gang. I donâ€™t always agree with some of the blog posts, but they are certainly stimulating and Iâ€™ve learnt a lot. Iâ€™m a member of the SEOmoz Pro membership. This article on ranking factors is a must read.
- Search Engine Land â€“ A daily must-read. Suffers from a tiny bit of noise (or less than awesome blog posts) but for the most part is highly informative. Founded and largely driven by the SEO industryâ€™s grand-master Danny Sullivan.
- Occamâ€™s Razor â€“ the definitive blog on analytics (particularly Google Analytics) written by Avinash Kaushik
- Google Keyword Tool
- Microsoft Advertising Intelligence â€“ excellent Excel plugin for performing keyword research
- Google Trends
- Google Insights
- Google Search Based Keyword Tool
- Wordstream Keyword Tool & Niche Finder
- Google Analytics
- Clicky â€“ analytics package (ideal for sites you donâ€™t want to use Google analytics with)
- Mint â€“ Super simple self-hosted analytics package (requires PHP and MySQL)
- Advanced Web Rnaking â€“ My favourite rank checking tool set
- SEO Book tools â€“ Aaronâ€™s collection of free SEO tools â€“ highly recommended
- SEOmoz Tools
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Yahoo Site Explorer
- Open Site Explorer
- Microsoft IIS SEO Toolkit
- Crazy Egg â€“ helps visualize what visitors are doing on your site
- ClickTale â€“ record videos of how users interact with your site
- Google Website Optimizer â€“ A/B testing (not as simple as Iâ€™d like, but free)
- Visual Website Optimizer â€“ makes A/B split and multivariate testing really simple
- Google AdWords â€“ advertise your site on Google search engine results and content network sites
- Microsoft adCenter â€“ advertise on the Bing search engine results and Bing content network sites
- Yahoo Search Marketing â€“ Yahooâ€™s search marketing solution. Big accounts also get access to Yahoo analytics
- Web Analytics 2.0 by Avinash Kaushik â€“ every page is pure gold (see also Avinashâ€™s excellent blog).
- The Art of SEO by Eric Enge, Stephen Spencer, Rank Fishkin and Jessie Stricchiola â€“ the best in-depth book on SEO Iâ€™ve read.
- Internet Marketing Podcast from the awesome dudes at Site Visibility.
[…] Engine MarketingWordPress Web Development Resources WordPress Resources, Hosting, Themes and PluginsSEO Resources, Books, Podcasts, Blogs & ToolsOnline Marketing, Ecommerce & Membership SystemsFirefox & Chrome PluginsGeneral ToolsSmall […]
[…] SEO Resources, Books, Podcasts, Blogs & Tools […]