This Wednesday at the Sydney Business & Technology User Group (SBTUG) is looking really good with five demos scheduled. Yes, five! And I think we can still squeeze in one more if there’s anyone still undecided…
When: This Wed 30 July 2008
- Time: 6pm (until approx 8:30pm)
- Where: Microsoft, North Ryde
- Contact: Craig Bailey : 0413 489 388
- Cost: Free (Pizza all provided)
- More details: www.sbtug.com
Here’s the list of Demo presenters so far:
all presenting their favourite 2008 Stack feature – it’s sure to be an informative night.
Please come along and support them – I know a few have been burning the midnight oil putting their demos together.
Details of OBA and VSTO presentation
After the demos and pizza I’m going to be taking a high level look at Office Business Applications (OBA) and Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO).
Thanks to people who responded to my email asking for suggestions – I appreciate your feedback and have incorporated much of it into the presentation.
Here’s what I’ll be covering:
- What are Office Business Applications? (see also my earlier blog post)
- Understanding Line Of Business apps
- The technology underlying OBAs
- Some examples and case studies
- Introduction to VSTO
- Comparison of VSTO and VBA
- Overview of VSTO deployment
- VSTO examples
- Open session for members to share their own experiences (a number of you have experience with VSTO and are willing to share)
Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can join the SBTUG group on Facebook.
Help promote SBTUG
I need your help – please spread the word about SBTUG – there’s a $5 Starbucks voucher in it if you do :-). Perhaps a link on your website… every bit helps.
Last but not least, you can always follow us on Twitter here.