This Wednesday at the Sydney Business & Technology User Group (SBTUG) is looking really good with five demos scheduled. Yes, five! And I think we can still squeeze in one more if thereâ€™s anyone still undecided…
When: This Wed 30 July 2008
- Time: 6pm (until approx 8:30pm)
- Where: Microsoft, North Ryde
- Contact: Craig Bailey : 0413 489 388
- Cost: Free (Pizza all provided)
- More details: www.sbtug.com
Hereâ€™s the list of Demo presenters so far:
all presenting their favourite 2008 Stack feature â€“ itâ€™s sure to be an informative night.
Please come along and support them â€“ I know a few have been burning the midnight oil putting their demos together.
Details of OBA and VSTO presentation
After the demos and pizza Iâ€™m going to be taking a high level look at Office Business Applications (OBA) and Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO).
Thanks to people who responded to my email asking for suggestions â€“ I appreciate your feedback and have incorporated much of it into the presentation.
Hereâ€™s what Iâ€™ll be covering:
- What are Office Business Applications? (see also my earlier blog post)
- Understanding Line Of Business apps
- The technology underlying OBAs
- Some examples and case studies
- Introduction to VSTO
- Comparison of VSTO and VBA
- Overview of VSTO deployment
- VSTO examples
- Open session for members to share their own experiences (a number of you have experience with VSTO and are willing to share)
Donâ€™t forget, if you haven’t already, you can join the SBTUG group on Facebook.
Help promote SBTUG
I need your help – please spread the word about SBTUG â€“ thereâ€™s a $5 Starbucks voucher in it if you do :-). Perhaps a link on your website… every bit helps.
Last but not least, you can always follow us on Twitter here.